APPLY NOW (You will be directed to email your CV to our Seabourn Recruiters.)
Assistant Sommelier is responsible for beverage and wine service/sales mainly in the Restaurant and Veranda Cafe as well as assisting in additional duties as requested by the ships management team.
They are also responsible for:
- Promoting and maximizing beverage sales.
- Controlling the Wine service in the Veranda café or Restaurant according to the daily schedule.
- Working with the Sommelier when promoting Wine sales.
- Supporting the Sommelier with the Seabourn Vintage program.
- Following and ensuring that the company beverage standards of service are being adhered.
- Helping to ensure that all beverage stocks in the bars and in lockers or pantries are used, stored and accounted for following company policies and guidelines.
- Providing prompt, attentive and courteous service to every guest in the assigned Restaurant/Lounge.
- Striving to always up-sell to better quality premium and super-premium products. By following wine menu presentation SOP.
- Supporting the Sommelier in executing the Wine flash report for the entire bar team.
- Setting up the lunch Beverage service in the Veranda café and is responsible for the Beverage/Wine service.
- Set up Main lounge beverage service and dinner beverage service in the Veranda/Two. He/she is responsible for the Beverage/Wine service.
- Recommending and suggesting beverages when guests ask for assistance in selecting them.
- Maintaining an attentive and proactive approach when it comes to offer a second round and ascertaining satisfaction with the product already served.
- Ensuring that all complimentary products being offered to our guests, in the Seabourn Fleet, are handled and controlled according to company policies and are treated as company property.
- The correct and proper handling of all checks and sales transactions generated in the assigned Restaurant/Veranda Café.
- Helping to achieve the yearly goal for the bar scores in the guest comment cards.
- Ensuring that all drinks are served with the proper garnishes and in the correct glassware and the use of jigger.
- Ensuring that the assigned Restaurant/Veranda is properly set and prepared to meet the daily business demands.
- Ensuring that all beverages are served at the correct temperatures.
- Following ship procedure when calling out drinks to be prepared by the bartender.
- Serving only authorized products at company hosted parties.
- Communicating any problems, challenges, complaints or service difficulties, in a timely manner, to the bartender on duty or immediate supervisor
- Assisting in ensuring that all food service being provided in the bar (i.e. canapés) is done according to company standards and during the times determined by on board management.
- Ensuring that the beverage promotions, as determined by the company or by on board management, are followed and in place in the assigned workstation.
- The proper use and maintenance of all associated equipment.
Assistant Sommelier will also ensure all Hotel Operations functions are carried out in compliance with the line’s Environmental Compliance Plan (ECP) and be required for the daily U.S.P.H. and U.K.P.H. upkeep for the Restaurants/Bars and Public Lounges in accordance with the high standards of cleanliness maintained throughout the vessel. The cleaning required would be from a general scale of dusting, brass, carpet spot cleaning, removal of daily rubbish, cleaning of walls ceilings and floors to in-depth cleaning required in accordance with the ships V.S.P. (Vessel Sanitation Program). They will also have to ensure that company policy, in regards to drinking age, is followed and that the service of alcoholic beverages to obviously intoxicated guests is stopped in a tactful and appropriate manner. They must follow company guidelines regarding uniforms and personal hygiene.