APPLY NOW (You will be directed to email your CV to our Seabourn Recruiters.)
Bar Waiter is responsible for beverage service and sales in the workstation that is assigned to him/her in the public bar or lounge as well as assisting in additional duties as requested by the ships management team.
They are also responsible for:
- Promoting and maximizing beverage sales in the workstation that is assigned.
- Following and ensuring that the company beverage standards of service are being adhered.
- Helping to ensure that all beverage stocks in the bars and in lockers or pantries are used, stored and accounted for following company policies and guidelines.
- Providing prompt, attentive and courteous service to every guest in the assigned station.
- Striving to always up-sell to better quality premium and super-premium products. By following wine menu presentation.
- Recommending and suggesting beverages when guests ask for assistance in selecting them.
- Maintaining an attentive and proactive approach when it comes to offer a second round and ascertaining satisfaction with the product already served.
- Ensuring that all complimentary products being offered to our guests, in the Seabourn Fleet, are handled and controlled according to company policies and are treated as company property.
- Correct and proper handling of all checks and sales transactions generated in the assigned workstation.
- Helping to achieve the yearly goal for the bar scores in the guest comment cards.
- Ensuring that all drinks are served with the proper garnishes and in the correct glassware and the use of jigger.
- Ensuring that the assigned workstation is properly set and prepared to meet the daily business demands.
- Assisting the bartender with requisitioning, following company procedures, all beverages, food items and supplies needed for the daily operation.
- Ensuring that all beverages are served at the correct temperatures.
- Following ship procedure when calling out drinks to be prepared by the bartender.
- Serving only authorized products at company hosted parties.
- Communicating any problems, challenges, complaints or service difficulties, in a timely manner, to the bartender on duty or immediate supervisor.
- Assisting in ensuring that all food service being provided in the bar (i.e. canapés) is done according to company standards and during the times determined by on board management.
- Ensuring that the beverage promotions, as determined by the company or by on board management, are followed and in place in the assigned workstation.
- Running a wine station in one of the dining salons on a regular basis.
- Silver service teatime, daily event and will be obligatory for the set up, breakdown and service dependent on the bar outlet posting.
Bar Waiter will also ensure all Hotel Operations functions are carried out in compliance with the line’s Environmental Compliance Plan (ECP) and be required for the daily U.S.P.H. and U.K.P.H. upkeep for the Restaurants/Bars and Public Lounges in accordance with the high standards of cleanliness maintained throughout the vessel. The cleaning required would be from a general scale of dusting, brass, carpet spot cleaning, removal of daily rubbish, cleaning of walls ceilings and floors to in-depth cleaning required in accordance with the ships V.S.P. (Vessel Sanitation Program). They will also have to ensure that company policy, in regards to drinking age, is followed and that the service of alcoholic beverages to obviously intoxicated guests is stopped in a tactful and appropriate manner. They must follow company guidelines regarding uniforms and personal hygiene.