Executive Sous Chef
APPLY NOW (You will be directed to email your CV to our Seabourn Recruiters.)
Executive Sous Chef manages all shipboard food preparation to ensure that the line’s high culinary standard of cuisine is maintained within the budgetary limitation established as company policy. He/she will assist the Executive Chef in his duties. Executive Sous Chef must strive to meet food cost targets and savings for the entire operation as determined by the company’s budget. He/she would be responsible for maintaining the company standards for food service and for achieving the yearly goal for the galley scores in the guest comment cards. They will oversee that all standard operating procedures are in place, adhered to and being followed throughout the ship and ensure that new standard operating procedures are implemented and followed as per company instructions. They will ensure that that all pertinent Environmental Compliance Plan (ECP), Safety Management System (SMS) and Public Health (US/UKPH) standards are being upheld as well as supervise butcher shop to ensure all meat items are being properly handled during storing, defrosting, preparation and to minimise waste. Executive Sous Chef is responsible for the setting up “Art Culinaire” and “Celebrity Guest Chef” program which is determined by the company. They will supervise crew menu cycle to make sure that sufficient and well balanced food is prepared and be actively involved in yield and portion control in conjunction with Executive Chef.
They are also responsible for:
- Maintaining a visible profile by visiting the restaurant after service to receive guest feedback about cuisine.
- Assisting in training sessions for galley staff that is involved in food preparation.
- Overseeing the care, treatment and training on galley equipment.
- Controlling inventory and maintenance records of durable (non-food) items.
- Controlling galley traffic to keep unauthorised personnel out of the area.
- Performing comment card meetings with Executive Chef de Cuisine.
- Ensuring that waste control is in place, grocery breakage minimised and garbage separation followed.
- Making sure that uniform and personal hygiene guidelines are followed according company standards.
- Controlling overtime sheets of all entitled personnel. At the same time to ensure that overtime is kept to a minimum level.
- Making sure that wait staff understands all dishes prepared for lunch and dinner. Menu briefings to be maintained in accordance with RM/ARM.
- Ensuring that all galley outlets are requisitioning products from stores as needed in accordance to the controls that are in place.
- Maintaining log sheet of all liquors and wines for food preparation in galley.
- Assisting loading on the pier that all-perishable food items are of highest quality before bringing on board.
- Actively being involved to turnover stock when it comes to slow moving items in Provision.
- Maintaining physical spot checks in all fresh produce fridges in Provision.