Junior Sous Chef
APPLY NOW (You will be directed to email your CV to our Seabourn Recruiters.)
The Junior Sous Chef manages all food preparation in crew/officer galley, ensuring that company’s high culinary standards are maintained within the established budget. They assist the Executive Chef in his duties as requested.
The Junior Sous Chef is responsible for:
- Assisting with meeting budgeted food cost targets and savings for the entire operation.
- Assisting with maintaining company standards for food service and achieving the galley’s annual goal for scores on the crew comment cards.
- Assisting with establishing and monitoring standard operating procedures throughout the ship.
- Ensuring that HESS compliance standards are upheld.
- Supervising crew galley and crew/officer mess to minimize waste.
- Evaluating performance of crew galley staff per Seabourn personnel policy.
- Managing re-use and incorporation of surplus food from various outlets.
- Ensuring that policies and procedures for the food program and crew menu cycles are established and followed.
- Ensuring recipes are followed and high standards of cooking maintained.
- Co-ordinating cleaning and maintenance of crew/officer mess facility with the Chief Steward.
They will ensure that that all pertinent Environmental Compliance Plan (ECP), Safety Management System (SMS) and Public Health (US/UKPH) standards are being upheld as well as ensure that yield and portion control measurements are followed as per company standards.